Monday, April 19, 2010
The key to this amazing dinner or lunchtime treat is fresh ingredients.
What you'll need:
- Corn Tortillas (you could substitute flour tortillas)
- Tuna Steak
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Cucumber - finely diced
- Small avocado -finely diced
- 1 plum or roma tomato -finely diced
- 1/2 onion -finely diced
- 1/2 Green pepper -finely diced
- Cilantro (3-4 sprigs if you like cilantro, 5-6 if you love it like we do) finely diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded Cabbage
- Coconut milk
- Cut tuna steak in big cubes
- In medium sized teflon coated pan, heat olive oil (about 2-3 turns of the pan) over medium heat.
- Wait til oil has fully heated, and sear both sides of tuna about 1-2 min on each side.
- Take off heat and allow the tuna to cool a bit.
- Once cooled, cut into smaller pieces
-In a medium mixing bowl, toss remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon out mixture onto tortilla, add some tuna chunks, and serve!
Posted by Kerri Gilpin Percy at Monday, April 19, 2010