Monday, April 11, 2011

Quick and Dirty Cinnamon Bun Minis

(Aside: I use the term "quick and dirty" in the classroom a lot. I'm usually referring to doing something in a hurry, and not neccesarily the correct or acceptable way. I do a lot of things quick and dirty.)

Sometimes you just really need a gooey sweet treat. I wanted some monkey bread, but didn't have all the supplies to make it, so I modified it. There are a few things I would do a little differently... Maybe a different baking dish/pan. Anyway, Here's what I did.





Ingredients:
- 1 can of poppable biscuits
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pam

Directions:
Heat oven to 350, as directed by can of biscuits. Spray pam (I like butter flavor) all over the lining of the pan, dust with a little bit of white sugar. Mix the white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic zip bag.

Open can of biscuits and using your hand, press out long and flat, into as much of a rectangle as you can get.
Once you mush the biscuits flat, put them in the zip bag and cover with cinnamon sugar mix.
(This is Jason's work of art. He added coconut and an chocolate almond to his. He doesn't like to follow instructions.)

Take it out, roll it up and cut it into 1/2 with a sharp knife, and place in the pan.
My suggestion - leave a bit of distance between them. The 2 on the left were cut in 1/2, and the rest were cut into thirds. Repeat until your pan is full, or you run out of biscuits. Let them rise a little while - 10 min will do.


In a saucepan over low to medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar until it starts to bubble.
Pour hot mixture all over biscuits, which we will now call cinnamon buns.They already look yummy, but wait till you bake and taste! Bake about 13-15 min.

-Something to think about: I might try dunking the minis in the butter/brn sugar mixture, so the tops all get evenly coated, OR brush it on. either way, you can't mess up the yumminess!

No comments: