Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Art of Non-Conformity

This website was highly recommended for me to "check out."  It's called the Art of Non-Conformity, Unconventional Strategies for Life, Work and Travel. I rarely do REVIEWS on websites, but as I began perusing through this site, I became overwhelmed by the sheer coolness and relevance.  Many of us who have joined the Domestic Goddess Network are in search of ways to become more than the average person, which leads me to 2 favorite areas of the site.  All the articles are written by a philosophy student, Chris Guillebeau (which sounds like a pen name to me) who's working on his PhD.

How to be Awesome
Chris poses this opportunity to change your life and simply "Go and be Awesome."  His writing is really fresh, as he works through your first thoughts of the day, working hard, relationships and good vs. evil.  He posts the quote from Ayn Rand: 

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."


How to Recruit a Small Army
If you're looking to change the world in a big or small-ish way, you aren't going to get there spending 5+ hours a day playing World of Warcraft.  You need people backing you up. (Domestic Goddess!!) And not just people, the RIGHT people.  Chris discusses real-world applications for the use of your army of remarkable people, and it's kind of a cliff notes, non-lame version of The Purpose Driven Life. 

Check out the site, and change your life!


No comments: